Lucky Bags are here! Starting now (2018-11), and continuing until they’re all gone, everyone who comes to a PDX TEA class or tasting can get Lucky Bags (福袋)! If you’re unfamiliar with the Lucky Bag tradition, Wikipedia can help you out. From the article:
Fukubukuro (福袋, “lucky bag”, “mystery bag”) is a Japanese New Year custom in which merchants make grab bags filled with unknown random contents and sell them for a substantial discount. […] The term is formed from Japanese fuku (福, meaning “good fortune” or “luck”) and fukuro (袋, meaning “bag”). […] The fuku comes from the Japanese saying that “there is fortune in leftovers” (残り物には福がある). Popular stores’ fukubukuro usually are snapped up quickly by eager customers, with some stores having long lines snake around city blocks hours before the store opens on New Year’s Day.
While I doubt our lines will snake around city blocks, these are first come, first served; so, come early & often to be sure you get yours while supplies last. :)
🤷🏻♀️ Who gets Lucky Bags? 🤷🏻♀️
- If you come to your first class or tasting at PDX TEA, you get a free Lucky Bag!*
- If you’ve been to a class or tasting before, but you bring someone who’s never been before, you both get a free Lucky Bag!*
- If you’ve been before, you can still buy a Lucky Bag or Deluxe Lucky Bag at any class or tasting. (They’re already a good deal. :)*
* Again, while supplies last (of course :).
👜 About The Bags 👜
- $5.00 Lucky Bags include 3 teas, at 10 g each. These are perfect little travel packs, stocking stuffers, or love notes for your tea friends.
- $10.00 Deluxe Lucky Bags include 5 teas of even better quality (also 10 g each), and a little teaware surprise! More to drink, more to share, and something that will last for a long time.
- Also, additional random surprises are included in some extra lucky Lucky Bags of both varieties… See what you get!